Each week Sociology of Style shares a few resources that are on our image radar (but probably aren’t on yours -- yet). Know something we should check out? Let us know! Stave off that orthopedic footwear a little longer with these comfortable alternatives.
1. Vince Camuto Wedges: Wedges give you the height of heels, without the hurt.
2. Swedish hasbeens Forest Pump: These clogs are natural, durable, and don’t sacrifice image for comfort.
3. Cole Haan Kody Oxfords: Oxfords are a sophisticated alternative to ballet flats.
4. kate spade Lori heels: A large hidden platform offsets the discomfort of a few extra inches in the heel by balancing the angle of your foot and giving you extra sturdiness.
5. Insolia: No need to replace all your less-than-comfy shoes -- these weight-shifting inserts make heels more comfortable and relieve points of strain on the foot and body.