Technology. Love it or hate it, it’s an integral part of our lives -- and the lives of those on your holiday gift list. Here are 10 tech-inspired gifts that will improve the lives of techies and Luddites alike. 1. What does a cold, tired urban-dweller want this winter? A ride home. Give the gift of Uber: with the Uber app, a comfortable, luxury car service will pick you up within minutes and take you almost anywhere you want to go. Your recipient can cash in on your generous gift the next time there aren’t any cabs -- and you’ll be a hero.
2. Avoid the frustration of not being able to reach your man in the cold by giving him these men’s touch screen compatible leather gloves. Feeling thrifty? Buy this touch screen thread instead and secretly sew it into his favorite gloves (with plenty leftover for yours, as well).
3. Migrating to the frozen tundra to visit relatives this holiday season? Pack some heated insoles for yourself and throw in a few more as stocking stuffers (and warmers).
4. We know you already have a smartphone (if not, ask for that for the holidays), but you probably don’t have a smart pen. With the Echo Smartpen, you can record meetings or classes while taking notes on real paper, then upload them to the computer for a fully integrated experience. This is the gift your loved one would want -- if they knew it existed.
5. The people on your list are tired of pressing their hot smartphones against their faces when they talk on the phone. Help them save face with this wireless old school telephone. (Bonus: They can keep their mobile phone in their pockets and onlookers will be baffled by the absent cord.)
6. Know someone who just can’t seem to keep plants alive AND needs to charge their devices? This is their 2-for-1 gift. The Grass Charging Station hides messy cords and gives the illusion of technological greenery. It’s futuristic gardening at its finest.
7. The gaming community may not look up from their screens long enough to give you their wishlist, but no worries: buy them the iStick Mini Joystick for iPhone or an iPad Joystick. These clever devices stick to your phone or tablet and are affordable ways to help the the gamer in your life level up.
8. Know somehow who would appreciate some...ahem...”extra privacy” when viewing videos while traveling? These pleasure-enhancing IOS Video Glasses for iPod/iPhone/iPad are perfect for keeping content confidential, even in public places.
9. Want to skywrite your love for someone, but can’t afford the plane? The Skywriter UFO Floating Message Control Helicopter is a perfect compromise. Just program your personal message in up to 170 characters, and fly straight into their heart.
10. Rock your grandparents’ world by lulling them into the 21st century with the iRock, a rocking chair, complete with a built-in iPad dock and speakers, that charges your device while you rock. And this chair is exciting to people of all ages -- because, really: who doesn’t love a rocking chair? Technology never felt so soothing.